Utah Private Investigator

Under 78B-5-301 UCA entitled “Utah Foreign Judgment Act” the following items are necessary in order to file a judgment under this act:

1. A certified copy of the judgment with an attached exemplification certificate. A transcript/abstract of judgment, or a docket text is not acceptable.

2. A $35.00 filing fee, made payable to Third District Court.

3. A notarized affidavit stating the last known addresses of the judgment debtor and creditor.

4. A notice of judgment form. Please fill out the top portion. We will fill out the certificate of mailing, since the clerk of the court must do the mailing. An addressed stamped envelope must be enclosed for use in mailing to the debtor. Please put at least 2 stamps on the envelope.

5. If you are out of state and/or mailing the judgment to us, please include a self addressed stamped envelope for yourself so that we can return your receipt, which contains your case number. Please use the case number we assign on all further pleadings.

6. Pursuant to UCA §78B-5-201, you must fill out and submit a Judgment Information Statement (available at https://www.utcourts.gov/howto/judgment/) in order to perfect a lien on the real property of the debtor.

7. You will also need to record your judgment and judgment information statement with the Salt Lake County Recorder’s office, in order to create a lien on real property. [See UCA §78B-5-202] No process for the enforcement of the judgment may issue until 30 days after the judgment is filed and notice mailed out to the debtor. If you have any questions, please call us at (801) 238-7150. 450 South State Street, Salt Lake City, Utah 84111, (801) 238-7300.

​Utah Foreign Judgment ACT

State Services LLC